Faulty Windows - MOT fail?

HassanZ

Hi all,

As a lot of you have some sort of MOT experience, I thought I'd ask this question...

I've been made aware some vehicle classifications are checked for faulty windows (regulators/motors), does anybody know which vehicle classification this applies to? I know this is not checked on 'normal' vehicles but apparently they are on commercial vehicles.

I've been on the VOSA website but cannot find anything!

Thanks for your help guys!

you could always change the faulty window motor. :pmzmanalex: or :pmtarmac: for the parts

Thanks for your reply mate. I don't have a faulty window regulator/motor, this question is to do with an advert I've seen where window regulators and motors are being advertised and a statement reads 'you could fail an MOT if you have a faulty window regulator or motor'

As this does not apply to Cars, what does this apply to?

I think it's something to do with possible danger being posed to driver/passengers - ie - if the window is stuck open then stuff could hit them (stones etc). I think if the window is stuck shut then the car would probably pass. :shrug: