Points of interest

Fred020

Howdy,

Just looking for some help with the Connect Premium satnav. As you know it comes with "points of interest" and Michellin guide already programmed in.

I want to have the system tell me about rest areas or restaurants too, so I can plan where to stop on long journeys. I mean places like motorway services and Little Chef. You would think this is a no brainer, but no, it is difficult or impossible. After programming the route and selecting "start" to begin navigation, I have tried pressing the Dest button -> points of interest -> select one of the 5 quick reference items (one of which I previously made "rest areas") and that sometimes works, and sometimes doesn't.

The database does not seem to include "rest stops" on A roads, such as Little Chef and other chains. Also it constantly presents you with French Hotels, Finnish petrol stations etc. with no UK filtering. Also the database seems hopelessly small. Of the 20 restaurants in my home town, it knows about 2.