Good debate on Pistonheads regarding the Zed...

mrobinson2

The debate about whether a car is fast or not makes me laugh.

That isn't opinion...it's a measured statistic.

0-60mph in 5.8 seconds.

If you 'think' that's fast or not is an opinion....but that comes down to so many personal and subjective factors.

- What you're used to driving

- Your preconceived ideas about how a car 'should' perform

- The price

- The looks

- etc...

I think it's fine to say whether you regard a sub 6 second car as fast or not. This obviously changes with the times too....seeing as now there's cars out there that hit 60 in 2.5 seconds.

I personally think the Zed is fairly fast....but I would agree that it doesn't 'feel' fast, but I think that's due to quite good and steady power delivery throughout the rev range.

I used to drive a 1.8 140bhp Celica that would feel a hell of a lot faster when I'd shift down into second to get up to the lively part of the rev range.

I think that Welshbeef bloke could just do with a bit of awareness of how the things he's gonna say are going to come across.

The dumbest thing I read on that though was about ppl looking at us and thinking "couldn't afford a GTR".

I went out today and every single motorist I saw... I thought... Couldn't afford a Bugatti / Rolls Royce / Pagani etc.

I'd say 99.9999% of drivers worldwide don't have the car that they would love due to financial restrictions.

That was literally the most poorly thought out argument I have ever heard!

Its such a "Top Gear" thing to argue over.

I bought my Zed cos frankly i liked it and weighing up the costs i thought i could afford it.

Im not trying to be a poor mans Porsche owner or trying to outrun any other owner of a "fast car".

I seriously couldnt care less.

I just love the 350z so i bought one.*shrug*

If it turns out that another car is 0.1secs faster in a 0-60 i will be sure to keep that in mind when im driving to work in the morning. I work in local government, tbh the longer it takes to get to work the better. I should sell the zed and buy some shoes tbh.