some noob tuning questions

ddcboyle

okay so im new to all the tuning things with cars, went feom a diesel focus to a 350 so big diff. ive looked into tuning the car at abbey motorsport as theyve had some good reviews. got the quote and its another language. so ill type out.

DE/REv up berks hfc and uprev remap

parts: super hybrid air 32/33/34gtr

plenium spacer

xyz pipe with straight through

velocity stack

DE & revup hfc

im guessing uprev remap just makes the 04 engine upto the new engine standards? the rest i know what they look like but dont know if its worth buying and if it would improve the car for the price.

There is LOTS of information on this subject on here. A search fro Uprev would bring most of it up.

As you've already spoken to abbey about this, have a read here viewtopic.php?f=114&t=38876

Its one of the better posts to explain the stuff your asking about. Also, you could give them an email or phone and I'm sure they would be more than happy to explain it all in a bit more detail for you. They are a friendly bunch. ;)

Also have a look on the Dyno threads for an idea of what mods and a uprev remap can achieve. However don't get hung up on the numbers. The transformation comes with the improved drive-ability.

viewtopic.php?f=25&t=24431

viewtopic.php?f=25&t=26040

:thumbs:

My guess would be emissions testing. Berks HFCs only just pass the MOT emissions tests, so i wouldn't have thought a single race cat would make the grade. It would therefore make sense to either use the Berks which will (just) pass, or de-cat the whole lot and accept that you'll need a friendly MOT tester rather than go for a combo that isn't as free flowing as de-cats and still won't pass emissions. Just a guess though.

DB