Import plate sizes?

Freebird

I have an import Z, and it came with a jap size rear and a UK size front (mounted wonky) They have some horrible fake carbon fibre lettering which bugs me and I want to replace them with shiny new normal looking ones.

Does anyone have the definitive answer for jdm import plate sizes?

Looks like all the plates are meant to be 330mm wide which is fine, but its the height that you are able to select. The options are; 152mm, 165mm, 178mm and 203mm. Does anyone know which will fit in the bumper at the rear correctly?

Also should I go for two square plates or a UK front and a JDM size rear?

Cheers

I have UK style on front and square on back. If you are attaching to the existing bracket it will need 13 x 7 inches but if you're sticking directly onto the car then I went for 14 x 7 to cover the holes left by removing the bracket. The gap is tapered unfortunately so you need to pack a fair bit of tape in and press it in firmly at the bottom.

Don't you have a tape measure? :shrug:

I do indeed have a tape measure but i wasnt going outside in the freezing cold and snow at 4 oclock in the morning to check haha.

Thanks all for the replys

I have UK style on front and square on back. If you are attaching to the existing bracket it will need 13 x 7 inches but if you're sticking directly onto the car then I went for 14 x 7 to cover the holes left by removing the bracket. The gap is tapered unfortunately so you need to pack a fair bit of tape in and press it in firmly at the bottom.

I did wonder what width it would need to be to cover this gap, currently the one on the rear only just covers the gap but it still has the bracket on it.