Urgent - info needed - Flywheel

southpaw

I just need a replacement as cheaply as possible. I'm waiting to hear from forgedinternals.com about the JWT clutch and flywheel. I was also looking at the JWT "Fidanza" flywheel on ultimatez.com, which is only $400 (about £250). They say it is compatible with the standard clutch plate.

Trouble is the time it's going to take to get it shipped. The car is at Nissan in bits, and I'm stranded....

I wonder if it's about time there was some sort of concerted group action to get some satisfaction from Nissan regarding clutches. I have seen so many reports of clutch and flywheel wearing out at low mileage. Nissan say it's wear and tear, driver error.

I say that the clutch on a car that cost me almost £30k ought to be up to the job of lasting more than 30k miles. Judging by the number of people with clutch complaints AND the fact that Nissan have upgraded the clutch in later models, it would seem that it certainly isn't fit for purpose. The sale of goods act requires products to be fit for the described purpose. Nissan's own description of their product is a 280BHP car capable of 0-60 in 6 seconds. Clearly the clutch is not fit for that purpose.

Please post something here if you have had clutch problems at low mileage. If there's enough of us perhaps we can do something.