Pioneer avic F900BT Problem !

ho02pey90

iv just been installing my Pioneer avid F900bt today and i have it all hooked up just waiting for the RCA cable to be delivered tomorrow, when i turn it on the volume control as soon as you turn it up it turns back down, if i turn it up quickly then press the round button in it stays on the volume but soon as you try turning it up again it turns back down, as i have said i haven't connected to any speakers yet so i don't know if this is what is causing this but i would be grateful if anyone could help me on the matter :)

Thanks in advance

Andy

Nothing like that hapoened when i fitted mine, but i think you answered your own question as you haven't got any speakers connected. I wouldn't worry too much until yiu get the RCAs connected and see how things go. Which steering wheel control adapter did you get?

i got the bose one of sextons sure its the rite one :) i will see tomorrow when its all fired up hope the dash slots back easy as it looks extremely tight behind the back of the head unit :(

In some cases i dont think its wise to power up audio equipment without the speakers connected because your not getting the correct resistance across the speaker connections, so may be some kind of safety feature? :shrug:

ahh yea that sounds about rite i will see tomorrow fingers crossed everything is ok iv had a rite carry on today !!!

It is very tight behind the dash, if you are careful there is a little cavity on the passenger side, i managed to squeeze a few cables in there, also underneath behind the white control box there is a bit of space. Just be careful.

yea i will try that mate, its even tighter with having the line booster in there to, does the red wire from the line booster go to the yellow cable (battery) ?

It is very tight behind the dash, if you are careful there is a little cavity on the passenger side, i managed to squeeze a few cables in there, also underneath behind the white control box there is a bit of space. Just be careful.

yea i will try that mate, its even tighter with having the line booster in there to, does the red wire from the line booster go to the yellow cable (battery) ?

Yeah the red from the line booster goes to live and the black to earth :thumbs:

I managed to get 2 line boosters in there :p