HELP ME - Engine Light

JackStrong

Hi All

Ive had the car covered up in the barn for 10 weeks, out now....problem!

I had to jump start the car, then drove the car about 15 miles last night. Everything fine no problems at all.

Today I drove to the next village, got some work done, came back to the car and it started with the engine light on but then after I had reversed out of the bay the car wouldn't rev past 2000rpm. Got it to the side of the road and shut it off. Then started it up again and just kept at highish revs, it then normalised.

So i guess its either my battery or alternator ? after the drive back I took the battery voltage: 12.22 off then 14.27 after I started the car again.

NEXT: the passenger window has just stopped working, where can I get another window motor ? Guide at all ?

Thanks guys

Merry Christmas

pretty sure the error code is 325, took a video just in case

The window has been getting worse over time. Last night it went down fine but on the way up it went about half the speed and was groaning.

There is a list of codes somewhere, you could probably find it using the search function :thumbs:

If it was getting worse over time, it probably is the gunk building up in the window motor. You'll need to remove the door card and visually inspect it (you'll need to do it anyway when/if you fit a new window motor).

Soz watched the video again and its 1352

Will have a look

Just checked and that code comes back as sensor voltage problem, sounds like the battery is causing you problems, when they are on the way out all sorts of strange things can happen, it might even explain the door motor :thumbs:

I would get yourself a new battery or if you are sure the old one is good then give it a good charge

viewtopic.php?f=10&t=35921&p=535666&hilit=1352#p535666

pretty much identical. TPS problem which i guess expalins why the pedal depressed didnt go over 2000rpm.

Hopefully the battery doesnt die again, will charge it properly tonight I think.

tomorrow the window. What should I do, spray it with break cleaner etc. This a good guide also ?