Upload memory size

no it depends on how many things you uploaded... if you go into your Control panel (or profile) I think you should be able to manage your attachments?.... edit, no you won't....just checked.

Chris what's the situation with someone's quota when they reach it? do we have to, as admins, go and delete their attachments to free up their quota?

Also, something else that came to my mind is that to save on site space and bandwidth, instead of attaching a pic by uploading it, you can attach it from where it resides in the first place with the command where in between you put the exact file path of an online pic :)

was trying to put a picture of the VX up but saying my quota is full. Is that because of my gallery?:headhurt:

also, just noticed.... if you look under your own profile, you can see the attachments that take space on your quota, and they are those pics of your Z that you attached.....

you have 2 choices: the above linking of an image from somewhere else on the net OR delete your attachments, use the gallery (which has a separate bigger quota) and then upload the pic on your profile quota :)

Guest prescience

Also, something else that came to my mind is that to save on site space and bandwidth, instead of attaching a pic by uploading it, you can attach it from where it resides in the first place with the command where in between you put the exact file path of an online pic :)

I think that answers my question - which you ignored :rant:;):lol:

EDIT FROM A GORGEOUS GUY: was too intent on solving the issue for our member :p:bleh:

Cheers Val

Undertand now. The pictures were there that I had uploaded to the Gallery. I thought I had to keep them there. Noticed once you delete them from the control panel they are not deleted from the gallery.

Does that make sense. :headhurt:

Cheers Val

Undertand now. The pictures were there that I had uploaded to the Gallery. I thought I had to keep them there. Noticed once you delete them from the control panel they are not deleted from the gallery.

Does that make sense. :headhurt:

yeah it does, that's why i thought i'd better make it clear that the gallery has a different quota B)

Hi guys... heres a full overview of how these quotas work...

The default limit for the gallery is 1MB.

The default limit for the attachments is 1MB.

These are seperate entities - so your usage in the gallery does not affect your usage in attachments, and vice versa.

We admins have the ability to place people into other "groups" These groups can then be assigned different quotas on the gallery.

At the moment this is a manual process, though with some phpbb black magic, I am confident we should be able to automate this process based on post count.

We are hoping to increase the gallery space and attachment space for users who reach 350 posts, however as this takes some time to acheive, we could also look at changing the quotas in line with other post count "ranks".

Therefor there is the pottential to have an increase at 100, a further increase at 200 and again at the magic 350.

At the moment as I say this is a manual process, if someone runs out of room in either the gallery or attachments, post in the help section or PM an admin, and we should be able to adjust your quota if necessary.

Other options to try are reducing the resolution or size of images - i.e. there isnt any need for anyone to use 1600x1200 images in their gallery or attachments.

1mb does seem a little on the small side, so perhaps an increase to 1.5mb or 2mb for people over 100 posts could be looked at. It all depends on how many members we have, and how many use attachments. So we need to monitor this before any accross the board changes are made.

At the moment we could afford to give people much more than 1mb, however if we make the change, and then run out of space in the future due to a large number of users wishing to use their quota, we would need to cut back, which could mean a headache for those who have used the full ammount (deleting of pics etc etc)

Its on the "to do" list (which is rather long) :teeth:;)