quiet aftermarket exhausts

Shinjuku

I did go through the Dartford tunnel with the bungs out and it sounded like I was in an F1 car :scare:

I miss that from my days with the K1.

Used to love tunnels and stuff.

Still nice with the Milltek as I go through it every day to work but you have to give it some :blush: .... with the Buddy Club just taking your foot off the gas was orgasmic :cloud9:

I suppose tarmac is one. Any others worth a look?

No :lol:

Just kidding :thumbs:

£374 delivered for Scorpion YPIPE Back

Steer clear of K2

£875 delivered for Invidia Gemini, true dual cat back B)

Hi mate,

Do you have any more pictures of the Invidia Gemini system? How quickly can you get one out?

Thanks,

• 3 weeks later...

I got one made for me by JP Exhaust in Macclesfield and it's PERFECT! :teeth: Nice and quiet when cruising and sounds just right when giving it some. Excellent build quality and fitment too. Probably about the best aftermarket exhaust I've ever bought, and I've bought about a dozen for various different cars over the years! :lol:

They used my car as a template for creating an off-the-shelf system and this can now be bought directly from JP without needing to visit them. It's around £600 IIRC. It's a Y-pipe based setup with 2.5 inch Y sections and a 3 inch mid section. JP will make the system with a silenced or straight through mid pipe. If being too noisy is a concern then I would recommend the silenced mid pipe. I tried both configurations and whilst the straight mid pipe did sound amazing it's a bit on the loud side for day-to-day driving so I went back to the silenced mid pipe. JP reckon the silenced mid pipe won't reduce performance as it's more of a muffler wrapped around the mid pipe rather than a restriction in the pipe, if that makes sense!

The one downside with their system is that they don't seem to provide gaskets with it but use some sort of sealant to seal the joins which isn't great IMO. I just bought 2 x 2.5 inch gaskets and 2 x 3 inch gaskets off a supplier on Ebay and used those instead to get a better seal.

The only thing I would add to the above is that I have a bit more sound proofing than stock as I've got some Dynamat Xtreme in the rear of the car (for the ICE) but I've also got some Ultimate Racing Ceramic HFCs too which probably evens things out in the noise stakes.

JPs web site is: http://www.jpexhausts.co.uk/index.asp

HTH :thumbs: