Uprev + Cruise Control

ric

No, you will retain cruise control

No quite - in certain setups you will lose it. IIRC its when you have the true 1:1 throttle map you lose the cruise as it cant handle the 1:1 throttle programming. If you have the "sharpened" throttle map which isnt 1:1 direct mapping, you will retain it.

Not sure I know anyone that has taken the 1:1 throttle map yet, I think most will keep cruise instead. 1:1 map will be for track cars I guess.

What is 1:1 Throttle map?

It means that for every 1% you move the throttle pedal, the ECU will move the throttle plate open 1%. So at half way throttle pedal travel, the throttle will be open 50%. Foot flat to the floor, the throttle will be open 100%.

As standard the car is fly-by-wire which means the movement from the throttle pedal is interpreted by the ECU and the throttle plate moved as much or as little as the ECU deems required. As such it doesnt move it 1:1 based on the pedals, it bases it on other paramters such as engine load, engine revs and the gear you are in too I think.

So UpRev can play with this map or transalation from pedal position to throttle opening, with the *holy grail* being 1:1. I'm not sure how much it can tweak it before he breaks the cruise control, but there is some movement. Mark from Abbey will be able to explain more :thumbs:

Thats my understanding, altough things may have changed by now.

Lower Gears being limited refers to the Nissan default where the throttle will only give:

55% max power in 1st

65% max in 2nd and

75% max in 3rd

So your pedal at 100% to the floor will still only give 55% power in 1st

Apparently Nissan limited the power through the lower gears to reduce the wheelspin risk. :dummy:

When you have an Uprev these limits are removed, so you can get full power.

I tend not to go nuts in 1st, but the extra power in 2nd is noticeable and you'll come off a roundabout much more sharply and as you straighten up and then give her the beans she just loves kicking you in the lumbar region and lifting her nose . . . . :cloud9:

The full power in 3rd is even more useful, and I think it's safer, too, as it improves overtaking so you're in the other lane for a shorter time :yahoo:

Of course, the TCS will still kick in to stop you spinning wheels (unless you turn it off)

I do turn mine off in fine weather and it's surprising how much grip you have, so in the dry it's good fun. This time of year, though, I leave the TCS alone (or you'll come off that roundabout sideways or backwards!) :bangin:

Lower Gears being limited refers to the Nissan default where the throttle will only give:

55% max power in 1st

65% max in 2nd and

75% max in 3rd

Apparently Nissan limited the power through the lower gears to reduce the wheelspin risk. :dummy:

I tend not to go nuts in 1st, but the extra power in 2nd is noticeable and you'll come off a roundabout much more sharply and as you straighten up and then give her the beans she just loves kicking you in the lumbar region and lifting her nose . . . . :cloud9:

The full power in 3rd is even more useful, and I think it's safer, too, as it improves overtaking so you're in the other lane for a shorter time :yahoo:

Of course, the TCS will still kick in to stop you spinning wheels (unless you turn it off)

I do turn mine off in fine weather and it's surprising how much grip you have, so in the dry it's good fun. This time of year, though, I leave the TCS alone (or you'll come off that roundabout sideways or backwards!) :bangin:

I believe Mark has now proved this incorrect and that it is as described in a recent post that the throttle butterfly doesn't follow the pedal per % but it does make 100% open. Kind of like opening the throttle with a bungee chord!

55% max power in 1st

65% max in 2nd and

75% max in 3rd

Thanks for the explanation. But how does this relate to the cruise control still being available?

Thanks,

55% max power in 1st

65% max in 2nd and

75% max in 3rd

Thanks for the explanation. But how does this relate to the cruise control still being available?

Thanks,

Yes it does, if you didnt know what 1:1 ratio was your not going to need or want it. Chirs just confused you TBH :p . Yes you keep cruise.