Maintenance of Altezan upholstery

no7reg

Hi all

I am new to the forum as i have am looking to change my car and have been keen to find out the pitfalls of owning/running a car such as a z350, which is my favoured choice. Forum been great source of info so far in what to look for.Next stage obviously is getting a test drive to see if a 350 will live up to expectations. Made more difficult slightly as I live in Northern Ireland and not that many on market currently.

However my question is regarding the Altezan leather which I really like the look of but I am imagining that it must be really difficult to maintain.Could anyone advise if this is the case please or should I stick to black?

I anticipate that if I decide to go ahead and purchase I will be better off sourcing in UK in new year, to get colour I want i.e black or GM, so will be keeping an eye on the Zeds for sale column on forum

PS Been driving vauxhall Calibras for past 12 years so bit of a step up to 300bhp no doubt

Thanks

Dave

Ive the Alezan Orange interior and its just as easy to look after as normal leather. I gave it a very good clean and used loads of balm on it when I first got the car as I wanted to make sure no cracks would appear. I use the auto-glym stuff. Theres a kit then do with a bottle of cleaner and a bottle of balm. I make sure I re-do them every 3 months to keep them all looking subtile.

The only other thing is that im very careful with the gear stick. When I got my car, even though it had only done 22k miles, the gear knob looked like it had done 220k miles. It was trashed, especially the alloy centre piece. I suspect a previous owner must have had very sweaty hands and drove about with his hand on the gear stick all the time.

A replacement one is not cheap, but I got one and now make sure I take good care off it.