Choice of Subs

agentsmith350

I think if you look yourself and post up what you find you may actually get a response :thumbs:

Asking others to search for you, post up the link and explain everything is maybe a bit lazy :snack:

thats what iv done in post one lol !

So what do you need to know?

Decide budget, then get sub + amp within planned budget... sorted :thumbs:

I think if you look yourself and post up what you find you may actually get a response :thumbs:

Asking others to search for you, post up the link and explain everything is maybe a bit lazy :snack:

Well i was looking for links to suggested sub and amp since the ones suggested were over budget new and i couldnt find second hand ones.

But there has been a development !! local lad had a few subs in his unit so went and had a look and £20 later i have a 1000W 4ohm Alpine in box that fits snugly under the strut , iv yet to run the wires but i linked it up in a friends car and it was imense , on par is not better for low down BOOM than my previous cars 2 15" ones . Very happy chappy , just need to find some felt to cover the box up :)

Not being funny but when you say it fits snugly under the strut, unless it has no way to get past the strut, you defiantly need to find a way to bolt it down, and not just with Velcro :lol: If you where to have an accident you'll have a 15kg+ cannonball going straight through your head! There has been cases reported in the past of serious injury from subs/amp that weren't securly properly. Remember there isnt exactly much to stop anything hitting you in a crash :thumbs:

Well i was looking for links to suggested sub and amp since the ones suggested were over budget new and i couldnt find second hand ones.

But there has been a development !! local lad had a few subs in his unit so went and had a look and £20 later i have a 1000W 4ohm Alpine in box that fits snugly under the strut , iv yet to run the wires but i linked it up in a friends car and it was imense , on par is not better for low down BOOM than my previous cars 2 15" ones . Very happy chappy , just need to find some felt to cover the box up :)

Seems to one thing after the other huh :headbang:

Will make it the more sweeter when it is all sorted :thumbs:

Tell me about it , even now i have carpeted the sub today , got it kinda working enought to have a drive about and have some control but there is still sooo much more to do , i think i have came up with an iginious way of getting it to work properly but iv lost the will to remove the dash again so will leave it until after xmas i think , il post a general car progress thread up and put a pic of how it is now if you want to see the speakers so far :)