Refurbishig parts

taffyjason

Evening all,

During a recent repair, i had two bushes replaced on the 'banana' wishbone, i went to the garage so i could have a nosey, perhaps a bad idea as i saw some...rust!! arrrggh

there is a brace that sits under/over (depends on your perspective) in a large kind of 'U' shape, crossing the exhaust mid pipe, its rusty and i wanted to give it a spruce up,

also the subframe is showing some signs of rust but seems in otherwise good condition.

Lastly the scuff plastic shield beneath the engine bay is a mess, found its hanging on by two bolts and one tye-wrap..with two bolts sheared off...some muppet before me has let it fall to bits.

So best way to treat the rusty areas and perhaps a replacement scuff plate?

Ideas and thoughts always appreciated

Down with rust!

Evening all,

During a recent repair, i had two bushes replaced on the 'banana' wishbone, i went to the garage so i could have a nosey, perhaps a bad idea as i saw some...rust!! arrrggh

there is a brace that sits under/over (depends on your perspective) in a large kind of 'U' shape, crossing the exhaust mid pipe, its rusty and i wanted to give it a spruce up,

also the subframe is showing some signs of rust but seems in otherwise good condition.

Lastly the scuff plastic shield beneath the engine bay is a mess, found its hanging on by two bolts and one tye-wrap..with two bolts sheared off...some muppet before me has let it fall to bits.

So best way to treat the rusty areas and perhaps a replacement scuff plate?

Ideas and thoughts always appreciated

Down with rust!

Hi mate,

The brace can be cleaned up in situ with a wire brush and then given a coat of underseal or similar.

Or you can remove it and have it powdercoated.

What subframe are you referring to mate? the rear one will not rust as it is alluminium.

I have the engine trays in stock, new and preowned

Drop me a pm if I can help you further

Alex.

Darn me for not taking a picture...its back on the ramps friday for new tyres, so will take some snaps and post them.

This subframe on sat directly below the wishbone assembly then covered by another plastic guard.

That will be the engine x/member then. :thumbs:

Wire brush and spray on underseal or bodyshutz :#1:

Alex. :)