Sandwich plates, Defi sensors PT to NPT

andlid

Right, was searching hiw and low for some info about thread pitch and how people get around the problem that most sandwich plates come with NPT picth and most defi's come with PT pitch. < Been told you can lash out another 100 odd to get a NPT pitch sensor for the defi's.

I found this on how to actually identify what bolt I got, got mine second hand so a bit hard to know what the former owner had (can't ask him either since he's no longer around)

http://www.roton.com/identify_threads.aspx

From what I can hear and read it's pretty unknown how to get around the PT > NPT and most people don't seem to do anything else then stick on teflon tape and jam that mft in :surrender:

I'm thinking that I'll re-thread the sandwich plate that I'm getting to PT thread (still to figure out if this is possible at all). I'm going to try and measure if the bolt I got is actually PT but think so.

Also think that PT is same as BSPT, just to confuse matters. Yesterday was an intake of thread pitch etc that I really didn't need or want, so if someone here can get a blowtorch to the answer I'd really be happy!

:lol: