really got the hump!

UNABASHED

I finally got lots of little niggly things sorted with my car over the summer, including sorting out the wheel issue due to incorrect fitment of my wheels from certain garage :dry:

It was great to be mobile in the zed again with no worries so packed her up and took her to leeds with my missus for the week (exotic i know!). On the way back we were just coming up to our street and navigating over the speed bump outside the entrance when BANG! the exhaust caught on the bump and obviously did some serious damage as it started bellowing like no exhaust was fitted at all.

I've not been able to take a proper look at it yet in light, but from what i can tell the exhaust is sticking way out from the back and also lopsided so more than likely broke off at some point. :dry::thumbdown:

Now this speed bump had always givien me slight issues, especially since lowering the car. I know that it's my fault for having a low car with low side skirts etc and the car was loaded up at that time which wouldnt have helped but the bump is actually cobbled which is why the damage has occured. If the bump had been a tarmaced bump then it surely would have just scraped rather than the right angled cobble grabbing my exhaust and ripping it off.

I have looked through some legislation on speed bumpbs and other than location, markings, length, height etc etc etc i cannot seem to find anything regarding the material used for construction or the structure of the bump i.e. dont make it like a f*cking roadside curb! Anyone know anything about this?

I have written a letter to the council and awaiting there response, just want to get ready for the upcoming argument with them!! :boxing::boxing::boxing: