OE Backbox in excellent condition

TheGrinch

My backbox needs replacing on my 05 roadster.

As the roadster has minimum sound insulation I don't want to risk intrusive cabin noise by putting on an aftermarket system. Getting a new OE system might not be financially worthwhile. I've been in touch with ZMANALEX and he's suggested I post up in here.

So, if anyone has an OE exhaust in really good condition please could you post up how much you are looking for details, age, when it came off your car, and detailed pictures showing its condition (and in particular the places where it tends to rust through that would be appreciated).

Thanks in advance.

A couple of points here - firstly - here's a couple of pictures of the flange on my backbox. I think they look OK, but have a look and then it's your call. After this - you asked about Japspeed K2 :-

post-5330-135011914524_thumb.jpg

post-5330-135011914581_thumb.jpg

On the subject of the K2 exhaust - I really like the sound. It's definitely louder than stock, but it has a real throaty howl. I listened to several different exhausts (people have posted loads of clips both on this forum and elsewhere) and my opinion came to:

The K1 is just too loud. I like to listen to the radio / CD / mp3 - and on long journeys you don't want something too intrusive. That means it has to sound nice - especially when you're giving her some throttle, but it's got to be reasonable when at normal motorway speeds. Likewise, all the single exit clips I heard were just too . . . well . . .chavvy. If you want to sound like that - well, go and buy a scooby or something. The Zed has got class, so let's keep it civilised.

I really like the Milltek but it's something like £800. I got my system for £329. If you buy Japspeed you need to allow a bit of extra fitting time, as the fit is . . not as good as you'd like. (paraphrased that bit)

You may be able to fit a Milltek with the car just on axle stands - but if you're going to have to bend some of the hangers and make adjustments - which you will on a Japspeed - then you'll need to do it on a lift so you can get underneath her. Also - when it arrives from Japspeed, open the box straight away and inspect everything to make sure all the welds are there. On mine there was a 15mm section with no weld, so I took it back and they swapped it no problem. That was OK for me as Japspeed is in North Manchester - from Essex you may need to send it back.

(or be prepared for your local guy to weld it up)

Having said that - my exhaust has given me the sound I wanted. I added more rasp to it when I added Berks High Flow Cats as well. In essence - when you accelerate, you get the howl, and you get this when you're over 5500 revs, but at 3000 / 3500 cruising she's quiet enough on the motorway to hold normal conversations and listen to music - and you can listen to Sibelius if you want, not just Led Zep and ZZ Topp.

Anyway - over to you

Thanks ian that looks ok to me. Ill pm you re payment.

I think what ill do is fit this and go to a few meets. Maybe ill find a roadster owner with a k2 and that will let me spend the money when the bank balance has recovered from the initial purchase.