Is there any spare space behind the cubby?

Dave_McC

Question for anyone who's had the centre console out - is there any spare space behind the upper cubby hole? I need to make a hole in the back of the cubby to poke about 1 cm of the mount for my Tom Tom through so it will fit and allow the cubby door to be shut. I've looked at the threads about removing the centre console, and there's definitely something behind the cubby but it's impossible to tell how much spare space there is.

Also, anyone know how much a new cubby assembly is for a 2005 car - want to keep the original unmolested so I can put the car back to standard when I come to sell.

Many thanks

Dave

I found a crackin little storage compartment today when you remove the trim from around the gear stick, nice place to hide away the tomtom :teeth:

Er, why? :wacko:

I'd like to hard wire in the tomtom so wanted to see how easy it is to remove the centre console...

That ok with you??? :p

I found a crackin little storage compartment today when you remove the trim from around the gear stick, nice place to hide away the tomtom :teeth:

he likes finding new holes to put things in ;)

Louis is correct tho :blush:

oh i know, man after my own heart!

he likes finding new holes to put things in ;)

Louis is correct tho :blush:

:lol::lol::lol:

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...