Door adjustment

tonto48

Hi Folks,

Just got a new Zed last week, all is good except the drivers door when fully closed sticks out about 1/4" and when the window goes up when the doors closed it is hitting off the frame. When out side it you can push the window and it goes under the frame but this doesn't solve the door not sitting flush. It only sticks out on the side with the handle. Passenger door is fine and car doesn't look like its been in any accidents( no evidence of repair etc) is there anyway of adjusting the closed position of the door? also the rubber seals around the door don't look to be sealing but they have never let in any rain yet is this normal?

Hope you can shed some light on this from reading other posts you all seem to know your stuff :thumbs:

Saw that you got no response yet so will have a go - I dont know my stuff on this but common sense would say change the seals first see what effect that has. The only way I can think of that would make the door bow outwards is an accident of some description - the door sticking out is in itself evidence I would have thought? Did you HPI check it? There might be a couple of members on here who could run one for you. I know that doesnt solve your problem but its worth your time finding out how the door got to this position I think. In the meantime compare up the door frame, hinges etc on the good door and see if all the angles look right.

Yep i was thinking i may need to change them if they start letting in water. The car was HPI checked by a mates dad who works at a car garage and it came back clear so unless its been fixed off the record but there is no signs of any work being done. No over spray, and the bolts on the door hinge and locking bracket don't look to have been touched ever. I have leaned on the door and it sits flush so though there may be a away of adjusting the closed position of the door to fix this.

• 3 weeks later...