Induction kit

Kennydies

i saw this one too, but i dunno , it doesnt seem like a quality product- cheap though!!!

i got a jwt kit from america the hardest part was removing the stock intake box- but once thats off its a dooddle- i had a spanner which was difficult , if you have a 90degree socket wrench your in business

just bought mine from bigphil full chrome pipe and k&n filter £185 inc delivery plus £25 if you want the heat sheild,check forum index general then couple of pics and it will show you it fitted to his car.

max.

actually just noticed that this kit includes the long tube into the plenum - correct me if im wrong but isnt their a seller on her flogging just that tube for 90 notes !!!!

this could be a real bargain

On the ebay kit the shorter pipe goes to the plenum, this is very short so if you use it as a short ram then the filter has to sit under the strut brace.

The filter is also very small and is only rated to 170bhp.

If you also see the quality of the pipework in the flesh you will see why it is so cheap, The joiners also are plastic.

Sorry guys but you get what you pay for, we were offered these and buying in just volumes of ten units we could buy this kit dor £18 each, says it all really.

• 2 weeks later...

I got my induction kit fitted this weekend at last. Pipework and filter was very easy to fit and once Bigphil sent a picture of the heat sheild that was easy to fit also. It makes the car sound a lot throatier and I can't wait to get the roof down.

DSC00653.jpg

DSC00655.jpg

DSC00654.jpg

Tim I have learnt how to add my pictures I think but Karen still has to check my spelling.

max

• 2 years later...

Hi guys, i have a 2005 350z gt pack, just enquiring a few questions really, i am thinking of fitting an induction kit to the car, what is the best make?, what modifications if any has to be done? and will you have to inform insurance company or does it affect insurance? Thanks :)

Hi ive just ordered a K&N Gen 2 indution kit and the results are an extra 10 bhp with the results from K&N i could have ordered the Typhoon kit but only an extra 7-8 extra bhp gain and.

Ill get some pics up once it on the car.

Correct me if I am wrong but I thought induction kits didnt add any HBP at all on the zed as the ECU cancelled them all out....?

Yeh thats what i thought :dry: But was told by the mechanic that the 350z ecu adapts to the changes to the car eg exhaust filter after a few days of being installed.

You can speed up the process by disconnecting the cars battery for an hour after fitting the parts and then the ecu recognises the changes and incresed air flow.

To be honest i just want the ind kit for the sound but if K&N are claiming an extra 10 bhp from there kit ill give it ago.

K&N Claim the dyno'd the 350z with standard filter and it ran 280 bhp then dyno'd the car with ind kit it gained and extra 10 bhp.

Yeh thats what i thought :dry: But was told by the mechanic that the 350z ecu adapts to the changes to the car eg exhaust filter after a few days of being installed.

You can speed up the process by disconnecting the cars battery for an hour after fitting the parts and then the ecu recognises the changes and incresed air flow.

To be honest i just want the ind kit for the sound but if K&N are claiming an extra 10 bhp from there kit ill give it ago.

K&N Claim the dyno'd the 350z with standard filter and it ran 280 bhp then dyno'd the car with ind kit it gained and extra 10 bhp.

Interesting, I have not heard that before, the general thoughts on the forum is that the kits wont add anything but a nice sound, id be interested to hear anyone elses views