Weekend Projects. Pics

rodgeevans

Got a few things i been wanting to get done this weekend, first on the list was fitting the plenum spacer that had been sitting on top of my wardrobe for 2 months but while doing that done a few other bits and bobs.

Before

DSC_0036.jpg

After

DSC_0042.jpg

well that lot took up saturday, so on sunday did this

Before

DSC_0967.jpg

DSC_0969-1.jpg

DSC_0979.jpg

DSC_0977.jpg

After.

Unfortunately it was 1.30am at this point and had to leave last few bolts out till morning and was too dark to get a propper picture, and it needs a clean now more so than before.

DSC_1000.jpg

DSC_0998.jpg

DSC_1001-1.jpg

Thanks Mate was a pain in the arse to do as the instructions i had said about baking the headlight in an oven for 8 mins at 250 but there was no way a zed headlight would fit in my oven so the trusty heat gun had to come out.

Next i need to get a yellow overflow pipe for the rad and to change the blue hoses on the intake for yellow ones. Anyone no a good place to get these. there are also a few other bits under the bonnet i painted yesterday to match and i have a bolt set from chilli on the way.

Yeah not having an oven they would fit in and having to use a heat gun was a pain would be easier if you had someone to help and a suction pad then one could heat the seal while the other one gently pulls apart from one corner working across if you know what i mean.

I need to split one of my headlights as think theres a small leak and its causing condensation at the bottom, was using the heat gun easy? Remember splitting my is200 headlights and left one in a little longer than we should of it ended up looking like the scream mask!!! :scare:

Well it took a while to do using the heat gun and the only problem is then heating the surrounding plastic to much and deforming that, as i say if you have someone that can help will make it much easier, as a another point if its only condensation could you not remove the light take the bulbs etc out then heat the inside with a hairdryer to remove condensation then run some black silicone around the seals to seal any holes save taking it apart.