M.O.T Failure challenge?

jumping350

Hi all failed my m.o.t yesterday nothing major just brakes all round front discs and a bulb however i knew my front discs were shot to pieces and my pads were on its way out (the guy said i was riding on metal) which is weird cause there is no squeaking or grinding!! anyway took my fail and advisory (a strong one for my discs) luckily for me my pads and discs arrived the same morning however i failed as they said pads were less than 1.5mm thickness all round when i took them off there was over 4mm left and plenty of life left despite that i changed the discs and pads at the front nd sheered a bolt :doh:

my question is the rear discs are fine if the pads at the rear are the same thickness (4mm) or above the 1.5mm limit can i challenge my m.o.t only reason why is ive got brembos going on the rear next month and dont really want to fork out on pads if i dont need to like i say i havent felt the slightest problem with braking in pst 6 months and its no different now.

when i told they came up with some rubbish about they 'cant see all the pad' and 'well you were going to change them anyway' then 'it is the only thing that is stopping you' i know all this and im no idiot when it comes to brakes there the most important thing which is why im upgrading, but that is what i want to do upgrade not pay more for no reason then upgrade

any help would be great sorry for long winded post

go down there with your pads? you shouldnt let yourself be ripped off just make sure you have checked and measured all the pads before doing so! worth a go to see what they say/do

demand a free re-test and you can even insist that you watch the MOT being carried out.

makes you look like a **** but why should you have to pay for brakes you dont need 'yet'