UK OEM BirdView - Voice Nav through aftermarket HU

AFTERSHOX

Couple of quick questions for you knowledgeable types:

Q1) Is it possible to get voice navigation from the OEM UK BirdView through an aftermarket HU?

(I did search the forum, couldn't find an answer)

Q2) Is it possible to re-use the existing microphone / steering wheel controls (for the Telephony) from the Bluetooth Kit on an aftermarket HU?

(I don't intend to use the Nissan BT Module as the new HU will have Bluetooth) - but would like to the buttons on the steering wheel for answering calls / making calls etc.?

Thanks for the help.

Mark

1) This is possible as i did it with my Alpine 9886R. It wasnt a perfect solution though as i had to wire it into the aux input so you would only hear the sat nav when aux input source was selected, so no music at the same time.

2) I dont think this is possible as the steering wheel interface is setup to use the phone buttons to change tracks/folders on aftermarket headunits.

Hi un1eash

Thanks for the reply mate. Makes sense.

Regarding use of the AUX input for the SatNav AUDIO; do you get 2 x Red / White RCA connections (Left / Right Audio) FROM the Nav screen? (Somewhere behind the centre console). Assume they are easy to find once the centre console / BOSE HU is removed.

Cheers

Mark

• 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
The sat nav socket has wires for the audio that are as follows...

Pin 18 - Navi Earth

Pin 19 - Navi Input (-)

Pin 20 - Navi Input (+)

I wired these into a pair of phonos that then plugged into the back of my headunit.

Unl1eash,

I was just checking some wiring schematics - and the pin-outs you mentioned seem to relate to the "non-BOSE" HU... is that what you had before?

FOR THE BOSE AUDIO UNIT (PIN OUTS) - I think these are the right ones? On the M39 connector.

24 NAVI ON (R/B) – RED / BLACK STRIPE

30 NAVI INPUT (-) (W/B) = WHITE / BLACK STRIPE

31 NAVI EARTH (B/OR) = BLACK / ORANGE STRIPE

32 NAVI INPUT (+) (L/B) = BLUE / BLACK STRIPE

Let me know mate !

My car was a GT 300 with Bose and i'm pretty sure it was the pins i quoted. I no longer have the car so unable to check but looking back at the wiring diagram i used it does say pins 30,31,32 so i'm not sure where i got those numbers from unless thats what i found when it came to fitting it.

:thumbs: un1leash

I'm not giving up on getting the voice nav (blended) over the normal audio (e.g. not splicing or splitting the NAV loom) - although at least I have a plan B..) wiring the inputs to RCA's ...or spursmaddave's method - which is Plan C) :lol:

Slightly OFF TOPIC, and perhaps another dumb question... but did you remove your NAV screen before attempting to remove the centre console?

I've not started ripping stuff out yet - just wanna make sure I have all the bits and info before I get cracked on with it.

Cheers fellas !