Video of me driving a lap of the Nurburgring

ThomasSoerensen

Nice smooth lap man!!!

May i ask how many laps you done altogether? Also what sort of prep you done before going out? I heard you or your passenger mentioning Gran Turismo!! While it obviously doesnt help with the car handling was just wondering what "scouting" you done to learn the track before going out?

Cheers, Lionel.

Thanks

I try to be smooth as I want to be nice to the car mechanically. Also I am on Falken FK452s so I have nowhere near the corner grip of Toyo R888s or slicks. And I believe when I have relatively little grip then the smooth style is the way to a nice lap.

I live in Frankfurt so I have relatively easy access to the track.

This year I have been there approx. 6-8 times and I have done 15 laps this year.

I have driven it a lot on different PC games and that helps to get 60% knowledge of the place. The rest comes from being there in real life in all conditions.

I have never timed my laps but I see that the Bridge-to-Gantry time is approx 9:54. I am perfectly happy with that.

My passenger had never been to the place before, he had only practiced on the PlayStation - that is why we comment on Gran Turismo.

And the whole reason for me to take him out was that he had never been there before, I offered him a sighting lap before he took his mates Z around. It made sense to me from a safety point of view.