Importing cars into the US!

Beau

Hi, I may be moving to america next year summer, and as much as I love the american cars, I am thinking of taking my 350z over there, as well as my Landcruiser and Supra. :D

I have done some research and firstly I will be allowed to take 1 vehicle in for 1 year as I will be a american citizen. The other 2 will have to go through the checks though.

The bit that worries me is the Bumper check. It is a safety check that when a car hits something at low speed the bumper must be able to flex and compact ect. Then there is a emissions test/ mpg where they must be able to achieve 22.5 mpg on a combined cycle.

Firstly it will work out about £2500 (including fees) to get them all shipped there, and no duty as I am a citizen. Then another $3000 ($1000 each to go through the test)

Has anyone got any other information I should know about, is it worth it? Im kinda attached to my cars so it will be hard to sell them!

Why not just buy a Z out there.. they are as cheap over in the states (even cheaper than here still :lol: )

Yeh, I guess thats another option, but for the Supra its different. They go for crazy money over there, over $15,000 for a stock mk4 supra... :surrender:

And the landcruiser I have had for 15 years, so shes part of the family!