Spotted DEATH on M1 between J4 and J5 tonight...

Adrian@TORQEN

Glad everything is okay!

I remember when I was driving home down the A406 North Circular one day in my very first car (1994 Renault Clio RT ;)) as I went over the flyover that overlooks Wembley Stadium I hit some serious standing water (rest of the road was dry). I felt it aquaplane and start to go... Fortunately nothing worse happened but I was close to needing a change of clothing...

Same here. When I had a 350, I lost her going into a corner in the wet (not that fast either)(and she snapped back in quite quickly) but it certainly gave me better traction with the car seat for a few seconds. No such scares with the 370 to date, but then its alot more tame as a whole so far anywhere...............thank god!!!

I know that part of M1 well and use it most days. In the heavy rain the spray there is terrible and hard to see as it, let alone the standing water. I've aquaplaned there a couple of times, luckily while on a straight bit of road.

I'm also running falkens with about 6mm of tread on all 4 corners but with the tyres on the Zed as thick as they are I think it makes the issue worse.

Glad you and the Zed are ok, bet you enjoyed that beer when you got home :)