driver's electric seat stopped working

cb350

Hi all,

One of the switches on my seat has stopped working - I can still run the seat backwards and forwards, but the tilt no longer does anything. If I keep switching it, eventually it'll move, but I've had more success tilting it back than forwards, leading to a very relaxed-looking driving position!

Does anyone have any idea how I can get to the wuring to test the switch and the feeds to/from the switch? Guessing it's a dodgy connection somewhere but having a lot of difficulty finding any wires!

Thanks,

Chris.

I have had this issue on a few occasions in the past. it is usually a switch issue, but could be the motor that drives it. I found that despite logic pointing to the contrary, I just moved the seat about as much as I could & pushed the recline to one of the extremes to make it work properly again. Once I stripped the whole thing and looked at it and the motor was just seizing up going one way, but not the other. Once I pushed it all the way to the end, it was very happy to work both ways again.

Be careful though, as if you push it all the way and it doesn't recover, driving the car could prove a little difficult :)