Need a Hi Beam Upgrade.

flyboy

Its time to sort out the main beam as it really is terrible. :thumbdown:

I live in the sticks so there are no street lights for 90% of my night-time driving.

After last winter I fitted 100w H7 main beam bulbs but they are no better and throw out zero usable light.

They seem to point at the sky if anything. :headhurt:

Anyway I have looked at upgrading to HID on the main beam but I am aware of the warm up time and poor life if they are flashed on and off repeatably.

However the dipped beam also flashes when the lights are flashed so the same is happening to the dipped HID bulbs and they seem to survive.

As I don't have a spare £800 for a set of OEM Bi-Xenon I thought I would spend £60 or so on a H7 5000K kit and see what happens.

Has anyone else tried this, I have searched the forum but found no one who has.

If I go ahead is it worth paying a bit more and trying to fit a projector lens with the HID or even replace the oem single projector with an aftermarket Bi-Xenon unit such as these

http://eshop.ktautopart.com/car-hid-projectors/hid-projector-kt-hl3.html

What do people think??? :snack:

Is it worth it or should I just save up and get the real deal.??

May be worth checking the angle of the throw of your headlights. Mine had deteriorated recently and the garage thought the beam was very low when doing the MOT. They adjusted the beams to be higher and there was a massive difference in the performance :)