HeadUnit Advice please peeps!

slimjim

Looking for a twin din head unit.

My requirements are...

1. Quality sound (When using CD's, obviously)

2. PERFECT iPod control, REAR feed (with A-Z scrolling if possible)

3. Steering wheel control connection

4. Sub out RCA

5. L/R time delay (needed due to the shape of the interior)

6. As PLAIN as possible. Less is more.

Other extras that would be cool...

Satnav, Phone connectivity

Budget is around £400 but I'd love to get some change from that if possible :lol:

So far I have been looking at:

P4300dvd

P4200dvd

Mostly looking at Pioneer because I have had Pioneer HU's before and loved them, plus the ones mentioned are very plain and understated. They also will allow me to link up Satnav and my phone.

but I am sure there are others out there from other brands that are just as good/better/value...

Am I paying over the odds for the DVD option which I am not really fussed about?

Anyone recommend anything else that I should consider? ;)

Thanks guys! B)

Pioneer mate! Only way to go if you want an awesome headunit with perfect ipod control, and a clean design.

AVIC-F30BT seems like the master piece for you :) only thing..its a bit more then £400

HOW MUCH!!!!?!?!?!?! :doh:

I could buy a CAR for that!!! Seriously...

(Quick search of autotrader)

77k Fiat Coupe Turbo... £950!

http://www.autotrader.co.uk/classified/ ... ?logcode=p

Is it REALLY worth £500 more that the 4300? :scare:

Yeah go for it Slim AVIC-F30BT :#1:

Personally a bit overkill for a Zed. Nice though....

HA HA HA ... :lol:

Yeah, you WOULD say that :p

I'm afraid I can't recommend one, as I only purchased a 2nd hand one from Muddy off the forum, so I have not real experience to quote a good model. ICE is long gone for me, some 17 years ago was my last ICE install. Tech has changed a lot, and so has the price. You wouldn't be looking at £1,000 for a head unit back in the old days.

I've been trying to get my hands on a Pioneer P88RS Mk2 but they are hard to find. Pioneer don't make them any more (hence the rarity) but these are one of the best SQ head units out there. It's a single DIN but is understated and classy. Personally, it looks like I'm going to have to go for the alternative SQ head unit for my build, the Alpine 9887R (can't find the Pioneer anywhere). Good luck with your build Slimjim :thumbs:

I've been trying to get my hands on a Pioneer P88RS Mk2 but they are hard to find. Pioneer don't make them any more (hence the rarity) but these are one of the best SQ head units out there. It's a single DIN but is understated and classy. Personally, it looks like I'm going to have to go for the alternative SQ head unit for my build, the Alpine 9887R (can't find the Pioneer anywhere). Good luck with your build Slimjim :thumbs:

Cheers notfub, I used to have a DEH-P880PRS which was VERY VERY nice... :cloud9: