URGENT ADVICE/HELP NEEDED!

Gaz350

Hey guys,

I've just got home from work, and as I slowed down in front of my house and reversed on the drive I could hear a popping type sound coming from what I thought was the wheels, however when I inspected the car there are small white particles around the tail pipes? I recently fitted wheel spacers so I thought they were the problem but now I think it's something more sinister. Essentially is what I need to know is:

1) Could this have anything to do with the wheel spacers? (20mm front/25mm rear)

2) The sound is only audible when I'm crawling on the cluth (i.e. no throttle) so could it be the cluth?

3) Does anyone have any experience of this or know what the problem might be?

A prompt reply would be much appreciated!

Thanks everyone

well judging from the descriptions in other topics that my CV joint needs seeing to, does anyone know approximately how much this costs? also i know there are replacement kits available, roughly how much are these?

The white particle's are the fiber's in your cat That have blown out the back ( basically your cat has failed) Well this happened when mine did anyway .

didn't think there were any fibers in a cat.

I would have said its the exhaust wadding in the baffles blown out, or starting too.

If your exhaust smells like rotten eggs, your cats failed.

Do you need the hole cat to scrap or just the insides ?? As I still have the insides in a bag mate

You could try just selling the guts as that is the part with the platinum in it. We've got a yard near here that has a 'cat man' turn up once a week so check with your local yard before going there.

Unfortunately this service is usually used by undesirables that come and cut your cats off your car/van/truck at night and cost you a fortune in repairs :thumbdown: