bulb replacement

lukeaJones

yeah i think it was from there originally not 100% though.

i melted two holes through the duct with a screwdriver as i didnt fancy taking the bumper off to get it out and drill it lol

That's a good idea mate, well done! I would have done that if I knew earlier! I used a a thin drill bit and just awkwardly drilled a thin screw straight through. I only did one as the second screw was virtually impossible to do with a electric drill! To be fair the heat shield was secure enough without any screws being fixed through the duct and heat shield on that side.

yeah there pretty simple to fit especially with the instructions lol.

yeah i picked it up from birmingham well it was west way nissan in stourbridge to be exact :teeth: bit of a drive but it was a fun one coming home :drive1

Also ... is it a post 06 car... and do you want to sell me the old standard intake kit? :)

Both of ours are pre-facelift so they have the single intake not the dual like the facelifts :thumbs:

But there is a difference between the pre 06 and post 06 ... even before the twin intakes ;)

i.e.

viewtopic.php?f=38&t=50496

:teeth:

• 2 weeks later...

Right!

HassanZ, my cheap as chips, tight ass, put a lump of coal in my wallet and a week later a diamond comes out, along with some moths.. LED's turned up on Friday.

Only had chance to play with them this morning, so here they are!

l1.jpg

l2.jpg

l3.jpg

l4.jpg

Photo's were taken in the sun... in the garage, so don't really show how bright they look.

Will take a few snaps tonight. :teeth:

They even fit in the boot light, so I stuck one of them in there, as I have EIGHT to play with. Not bad for £5.

Will just have to see IF they last :lol:

Didn't get chance to put them into the Head lights yet, but I am hoping they will look OK with the metal side on them.

MIGHT even spray the white bits grey/silver before I put them in... make em look even nicer B)

Right!

HassanZ, my cheap as chips, tight ass, put a lump of coal in my wallet and a week later a diamond comes out, along with some moths.. LED's turned up on Friday.

Only had chance to play with them this morning, so here they are!

l1.jpg

l2.jpg

l3.jpg

l4.jpg

Photo's were taken in the sun... in the garage, so don't really show how bright they look.

Will take a few snaps tonight. :teeth:

They even fit in the boot light, so I stuck one of them in there, as I have EIGHT to play with. Not bad for £5.

Will just have to see IF they last :lol:

Didn't get chance to put them into the Head lights yet, but I am hoping they will look OK with the metal side on them.

MIGHT even spray the white bits grey/silver before I put them in... make em look even nicer B)

:lol::lol::lol:

Fair play to you mate, I'm glad to know it all worked out! :teeth:

So the risk taking was all worth it then! :thumbs: Having entrepreneurial characteristics can be very beneficial at times :p

So I guess you're going to end up using all of the bulbs rather than sell some off and make all/most of your money back! That's what an entrepreneur is meant to do!!! :lol:

They do look very nice though B) you got yourself a bargain!

The golden question looms...how long will it last? Only time will tell...

So the risk taking was all worth it then! :thumbs: Having entrepreneurial characteristics can be very beneficial at times :p

So I guess you're going to end up using all of the bulbs rather than sell some off and make all/most of your money back! That's what an entrepreneur is meant to do!!! :lol:

Well, I have used 3... and there are 5 left. So if I use two for the headlights, I could try to sell the other three for £3 including delivery, with photo's that prove they work. B)

BUT... as you quite rightly say, I have no idea how long they will last, so I will just keep em in the car in case they blow next week... :D

Including the ORIGINAL bulbs in case they die too :lol:

Well, I have used 3... and there are 5 left. So if I use two for the headlights, I could try to sell the other three for £3 including delivery, with photo's that prove they work. B)

BUT... as you quite rightly say, I have no idea how long they will last, so I will just keep em in the car in case they blow next week... :D

Including the ORIGINAL bulbs in case they die too :lol:

I'm quite surprised you recieved them that soon, thought I would have been a pensioner by the time they arrived :lol:

Yeah I'd rather keep them as a back-up, earning £3 is more hassle than it's worth. To be fair, I reckon they will last ages (probably same life span as mine!). They are LEDs at the end of the day :thumbs:

Talk about contingency planning! :scare: The current set plus 2 back-up sets is a bit too well prepared isn't it? :p:lol:

Well, might as well keep 'em in my car.

Anyway, people can now see what they are like from my photo's and they now have two choices.

Your way if they need them quick and my way if they don't mind how long it takes. :thumbs:

Will update this if and when they die :lol:

• 9 months later...