Some recommended upgrades/service items :=))

GT4 Zed

Did these simple mods/upgrades last month before my 2nd trip to the Ring and was fully impressed but have been so busy to post up some impressions ;).

I usually use Motul oils/fluid in the last 3 years but its getting expensive so i asked the oilman(OPIE) for his unbiased opinion and he recommended the following for my P3+ service:

- Redline MT90 for MTF

- Motul Dexron III for PAS

- Motul RBF 660 fluid for brakes and clutch

- Gulf competition racing 5W/40 engine oil ( He rates this as good as Motul 300v or Silkolene pro R or similar)

- Gulf competition racing 75W 90 LSD oil

- Motul inugel for coolant

- I also got the braided HEL clutch line as per recommendations from my350z US.

- Thanks to Sarah(chilli for the veruspeed oil filter :thumbs:

1e38bc64.jpg

Redline Gearbox oil: The Redline is a revelation!!! Bare in mind i have a Japspeed(40% throw) short shifter and very stubby nismo gear knob with means from cold 1st and 2nd can be very notchy but after the Redline its silky smooth/slick. Gear changes both in cold and on track conditions is just awesome......abit too good, infact is is so easy to slip into the wrong gear during very fast changes :surrender: As oilman said it is just the most suitable MTF oil for the notchy zed gearbox :#1: .

Braided Hel clutch line: Took the opportunity to do this ias i was going change the clutch fluid anyway. All i can say is the spongy imprecise bitting point gets is transformed to a crisp clutch action and consistent bite point no matter the abuse. just look at the fat rubber clutch hose and you can see the reason for the difference.

28ee13a9.jpg

I Got the Hels from Andy @ Kudos automotive via his ebay shop.. cheapest on ebay B) Very easy to fit(20mins incl fluid change/bleeding with the car on a 4 poster lift)

The rest: Motul RBF 660 is the dogs in brake fluid technology and maybe Endless RBF 650 could be better but rare to get hold off and you will be pushed to see a demonstrable difference. The rest of the fluids/items have performed faultlessly and as such i have no reservations to use them again.

Superpro bushes I was so impressed with the banana arm bushes (see my fitting giude and feedback) that i had to do the upper and lower control arms bushes with camber adjust. i will post a simple guide and more feedback on these later. Jez at Horsham has done a full bushings swap and rates them highly so nuff said.

d7a197ce.jpg

537aff98.jpg