Strange clutch slip

MadGrip

just wondering if anyone has any opinions, advice or if anyone has had the same problem.

Over the past few days, for the first 20 minutes or after starting the car, the clutch seems to slip, its the usual high gear, low revs thing, where I put my foot down and the clutch slips slightly with the revs being a little erratic in comparison with road speed. Its not major, maybe only a couple of hundred rpm, but after the car is warmed up, I can put the car in a high gear at low revs, floor it, and everything seems fine.

So my question is, could it be a hotspot on the clutch, an inherrant fault or is it the start of the clutch failing?

Im using the car for a daily 30 mile commute, mainly motorway driving and I obviously dont want a complete clutch failure, on the other hand, I dont want to be shelling out a fortune on a new clutch if its nothing to worry about.

Cheers

Phil

just wondering if anyone has any opinions, advice or if anyone has had the same problem.

Over the past few days, for the first 20 minutes or after starting the car, the clutch seems to slip, its the usual high gear, low revs thing, where I put my foot down and the clutch slips slightly with the revs being a little erratic in comparison with road speed. Its not major, maybe only a couple of hundred rpm, but after the car is warmed up, I can put the car in a high gear at low revs, floor it, and everything seems fine.

So my question is, could it be a hotspot on the clutch, an inherrant fault or is it the start of the clutch failing?

Im using the car for a daily 30 mile commute, mainly motorway driving and I obviously dont want a complete clutch failure, on the other hand, I dont want to be shelling out a fortune on a new clutch if its nothing to worry about.

Cheers

Phil

Phil,

If your clutch is slipping whether intermittent or not then time for a new clutch I am afraid.

Can be found here, in stock and good to go :thumbs:

viewtopic.php?f=157&t=27436

Alex. :)

Can you give me a complete price posted to Leeds, West Yorkshire and approximate delivery times please?

Hi mate,

The price is in the link that I sent you. :thumbs:

Exedy clutch kits, OEM Dual mass flys and Single mass aluminium lightened flys are all in stock good to go same next day. :thumbs:

PM on its way. :thumbs:

Alex. :)