Hi from NZ

well i picked up my gearbox in the weekend from Tauranga, (Beach city in NZ) and tonight i wanted to pull the gear box apart and take it to get 10-12mm milled off the face. I had some issues with pulling the bell housing off, turned out i had just forgotten to undo a hidden bolt.

to see the big gears up close and how the box works, pretty exciting!

SA501236.jpg

SA501237.jpg

SA501241.jpg

and now they're sitting under gearbox oil soaked rags for the night. and i'll hopefully get it all back together tomorrow, and make this adapter plate this week hopefully.

I also cleaned all the glue from the window jambs with a sharp chizel and worked a treat. tidied up the inside of the car car tools and rubbish was building up.

• 1 month later...

Stoked its finally a 6 speed RB26!! Sorry been awhile since an update

saturday i got my plate, but had to drill and tap all the holes to end up with this

SA501261.jpg

sunday started getting into it after lunch with my cousin, milled the extra holes and widened some to make them work, tested it, things werent looking good, and chamfers weren't steep enough. tested it all made note of what needed doing, + what needed doing to the gearbox. one positive from the first test was the starter motor position was perfect and engaging the flywheel. and the fly wheel circle cleared it.

went back to cousins work and milled some more things and i started grinding out the gear box to suit the starter clearance. couple chamfers still were tiny bit out so i ground the head flat on the counter sunk bolt, and had to also scallop the edge out to suit a stud for the gear box.

enough talk and time for pictures. *thumbup*

SA501262.jpg

SA501263.jpg

SA501264.jpg

SA501265.jpg

SA501266.jpg

to excited to put the box on and forgot to take a photo of how much i took out to clear starter motor. i also tested it and the starter work perfect still. im pretty ****ing stoked been a tough frustrating weekend on this. so there it is a Z33 gearbox behind the RB26

still need a yoke and slave cylinder still :(