225/40/19 front and 245/40/19 rear

Cheesypuff

Been looking at maybe getting some new rims 19x8.0/19x8.5 and for tyres what are peoples opinions on going for 225/40/19 and 245/40/19? From what I see most people go with 35 profile on 19's but would there be any major issues with the 40?

Will maybe lower in teins too.

Comments appreciated.

No, they wont work.

Simply because you are way out of the tolerance level. You have to stay within the 2.5-3% tolerance level or else the you will start to have traction control problems.

Why not go a bit wider like 245 35 19 front and 265 35 19 rear?

225/40/19 are only 0.45% different from standard 225/45/18

245/40/19 are only 0.15% different from standard 245/45/18

I don't see the problem :shrug:

(personally I'd go for wider wheels with the wider tyres for looks, but that's just me).

use this website. Put in the original tyre size from the zed (245 45 18) and then the 245 40 19 and you will see the difference! :) Also, why so keen on those sizes, did they come with the wheels?

http://www.alloywheels.com/tyrecalc.asp

Just did that and 0.13% difference :thumbs:

sorry, I was putting in the wrong tyre sizes :blush:

so yeah, they will work! wouldnt you prefer wider tyres though?

• 3 months later...

Has anybody used allnewtyres.co.uk or mailordertyres.co.uk ? I now need a pair of 245/40/19 and these seem the only places that have fk452's or KU31's in stock at a good price. If anyone can suggest any other reasonable tyres for a similar price and where I could get them from it would be appreciated :thumbs:

I havent asked any traders in here yet, should have been my first port of call I suppose :shrug: