Personal Warranties

bugglet

Hi guys and gals. I’m still on my quest to find a Zed which also involves finding ways to save money where possible while maintaining peace of mind in the car. One of the options is to take out a personal warranty.

Getting one would mean that if I buy privately where I save money on the purchase price I still have the security of knowing that if anything lets me down it’s covered depending on policy Ts&Cs. If I buy from a dealer I can push the price down by saying I don’t want the warranty, plus I’m not restricted by their excesses and spending limits and any restricted cover.

So my question to the masses is: (We had to get there eventually!! :yawn: )

Does anyone else out there have experience of personal warranties, what pros/cons are there, and has anyone managed to get one for a JDM car and did it push the cost up?

Any hints, tips, warnings, anecdotes, and random ramblings are all welcome. :thumbs:

For anyone who has no idea what I’m talking about but thinks it might be interesting follow this link…

http://www.warrantyguide.co.uk/default.html

if you buy from a dealer there is a warranty whether they say there is or not , on say a 2002 car , there would be at least a 3-6 month warranty on major components in a courts eyes (that is if was taken that far), on newer cars there would be 6 months ,no arguments :)

That is why generally it is more expensive to buy from a dealer , they have to work a contingency fund into the price as well as a profit margin :thumbs: