NW Drive Out - Spring 2007 - 15th April

Digsy

Guys,

Can all people please make sure they have read the PMs that I have sent out and responded asap with the answers to questions I've asked.

Just that I need to advise the pub asap, as the numbers are increasing! :D

• Replies 925
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Lets hope they have enough V-Power in stock for all our thirsty beasts! :D

The optimax at the shell garage where we are meeting is so expensive it must have pure gold flakes in it or something :scare:

I personally will be filling up elsewhere

The optimax at the shell garage where we are meeting is so expensive it must have pure gold flakes in it or something :scare:

Very true, won't put more than a fiver in from there if I'm short :blush:

Guys, I have just had a call from the dealership to tell me they're not going to get the registration for my car sorted until "the end of the week" :scare: which almost certainly means I can't make the drive in the north, which is a huge shame as I was really looking forward to it :sorry:

Guys, I have just had a call from the dealership to tell me they're not going to get the registration for my car sorted until "the end of the week" :scare: which almost certainly means I can't make the drive in the north, which is a huge shame as I was really looking forward to it :sorry:

Someone at the dealership needs to pull finger out their arse!!!

the drive out isn't till sunday. Sure you can't make it?

The problem, I think, is going to be getting the insurance documents done in time. If the car is registered on Friday I'll have no chance to get the insurance swapped over. This sucks derrier :rant:

Yup - the dealer needs to give the owner the registration, the owner needs to get insurance sorted on that registration, and thn the dealership will need the original insurance document to tax it.

If it helps, we recently bought a couple of new cars for myself and my brother. He was out of the country and came back the day that we were due to pick them up.

This posed exactly the same problem as Billy will have. There was no chance he could get the insurance sorted that day for the dealership tp tax it.

However - there was a solution - the dealership (or Seat themselves) offered a one week free insurance policy for just this purpose. He was covered under Seats own policy for up to one week until his own insurance came through.

It may be worth asking the supplying dealership if they offer a similar scheme as you would like to drive the car at the weekend.

I've not bought brand new so I don't know but am I missing something here? Don't you just need the reg number - give that to your insurance company, ask them to start the cover from Friday. They send out the cover note either to you or directly to the dealership who can then go and tax the car on your behalf?

I've not bought brand new so I don't know but am I missing something here? Don't you just need the reg number - give that to your insurance company, ask them to start the cover from Friday. They send out the cover note either to you or directly to the dealership who can then go and tax the car on your behalf?

That was my thinking too :wacko:

the drive out isn't till sunday. Sure you can't make it?

The problem, I think, is going to be getting the insurance documents done in time. If the car is registered on Friday I'll have no chance to get the insurance swapped over. This sucks derrier :rant:

Normally you can arrange for your insurance company to send over docs to the dealer or fax, then they can use this to tax it etc! A decent insurance company will give you a window to swap etc......

I had a similar issue :blush:

Yes you're right, but if I don't get the reg No. 'till Friday, I won't get the insurance docs done and back to get the tax sorted out on the same day. There's going to be a short delay (a day or two) at least.

Yep Donny, you very right! I would strongly suggest that everyone fills up elsewhere. If you staying in Chester then use to find the cheapest Super etc wherever you are staying! http://www.petrolprices.com

BTW, has anyone else noticed how much petrol has gone up in the last few days. I know it was meant to be a couple of pence in the budget, but gone up a LOT more than that around here!

:angry:

Yes you're right, but if I don't get the reg No. 'till Friday, I won't get the insurance docs done and back to get the tax sorted out on the same day. There's going to be a short delay (a day or two) at least.

You get the reg Friday, phone your insurance up, they get docs to you on saturday morning and then you make sure you get to tax it by 12 on the saturday at post office. My insurance company always gets docs to me next day! :D

Ah, so its getting the reg number from the dealer thats holding it up? But surely they have had enough time to sort this out? Is it a new one or second hand? Normally on new cars they have a range of numbers to choose from, so they should have plenty. You should be able to at least get them to agree to one...... :wacko:

Guest prescience

Yep Donny, you very right! I would strongly suggest that everyone fills up elsewhere. If you staying in Chester then use to find the cheapest Super etc wherever you are staying! http://www.petrolprices.com

BTW, has anyone else noticed how much petrol has gone up in the last few days. I know it was meant to be a couple of pence in the budget, but gone up a LOT more than that around here!

:angry:

:( :(

http://newsvote.bbc.co.uk/1/shared/fds/ ... efault.stm

no reason why they should be able to tax it for Friday , most dealers are on a computer system whereby they dont even have to go to the Licence office to tax a vehicle, they issue it themselves...Kick ass :teeth:

Actually, that's a bloody good point. I'd forgotten about that ability. I will investigate

Guest prescience

Thanks Dorian,

That explains that little mystery then!

is that somehow connected to relations in the middle east following Irans capture of 15 sailers? :dry:

the release put price down; increase is due to a number of things 1) seasonal - see 12 months ago 2) concern over Iran's nuclear programme and 3) China oil usage up about 10% over 12 months ago.

Still it looks like it will be sunny for the run :teeth:

Ah, so its getting the reg number from the dealer thats holding it up? But surely they have had enough time to sort this out? Is it a new one or second hand? Normally on new cars they have a range of numbers to choose from, so they should have plenty. You should be able to at least get them to agree to one...... :wacko:

Normally you'd be right but as this is an insurance job they're awaiting a funds transfer from the insurance firm, which should happen on Thursday