Removing splash guards

HassanZ

Hi everyone,

I planned on getting my underside side spats and splash guards sprayed in GM but it's now been delayed :( I'm unable to remove the securing screws, as the thread is completely worn! I really don't know how I'm going to get them off now and I was so excited in getting these done tomorrow!

Any suggestions?

An alternative is wrapping the guards and underside side spat in carbon fibre, but would that look odd?

I bought the spats off Buster, his Ginger Ninja is attached below (I hope you don't mind me using your car image!):

gingerninja108.jpg

Now this is a side image of my Zed:

photo3edited-1.jpg

What you guys think of having them wrapped in carbon fibre instead to match my B-pillars?

Many thanks,

Hassan

which screws cant you get to move m8. ?

They look very nice with the OEM splash guards, compliment each other really well!

I can't remove the top screws for each guard, they are completely out of shape :wacko:

Unless I'm doing something wrong...?

Also there is not enough space between the tyre and the splash guard to get a decent tool in to unscrew the screws that actually turn!

mate your need to remove the rear wheels and poss the front to get a better angle on them . they are self tappers so should come out.

I guess I'll have to get my car up on a jack and take the wheels off! I hate jacking cars up, I fear I may end up dropping it! :lol:

The top screws look completely worn, are they meant to be like that? the bottom screws look fine though, they undo easily.

Right I've now got a set of rear Nismo N1 rear spats (thanks to Buster) and a set of rear side skirt Veilside spats (thanks to Buster again :lol: ) and I am planning to body colour my front splash guards.

When I apply the rear spats, side spats and front splash guard, do you think that would look okay with a standard front bumper and boot spoiler?

Thanks,

Hassan