erratic heater?

SteveM

anyone have any ideas what would cause the heater to occasionally blow cool air when set on warm?...

have the heat set at a constant lets say 25 and now and again it starts to blow cool.. if i wind up the temp it blows hot again so i am guessing its electical rather than an actual cooling problem?

no other symptoms and not causing any probs and with a nice hot summer on the way i dont suppose i will really need much heat but in the dying light of a sat eve with the roof down and a chill decending a bit of warm air is very welcome!

2007 facelift roadster if it helps :thumbs:

07zed.jpg

I have a similar problem, when on auto it will randomly put the fans on really high for a few seconds, then return to normal, ( no temperature change though )

mine did the same with the fan speed, I replaced the controls and it works ok now.

I have a similar problem, when on auto it will randomly put the fans on really high for a few seconds, then return to normal, ( no temperature change though )

mine did the same with the fan speed, I replaced the controls and it works ok now.

Oh really, maybe someone will be nice enough to let me try theirs in Wales, I don`t really want to go and spend out on new controls if thats not where the problem lies, have just spent £400+ on the other car fault finding to discover the problem was a £4.38 Bolt :scare::rant:

Thinking about it now, i actually replaced both the control dials and the white box that they plug in to. I did them both at the same time cos i was in a rush, so not sure which was the cause of the problem.

Might be a similar issue for the OP ?