Lowering Springs

ScottyZ

Thinking of having the 370Z lowered using Eibachs. Has anybody had their 370Z lowered? Did it make much of a difference to the handling and looks. Does the wheel alignment need adjusting once the springs have been fitted?

Cheers,

Scotty

As far as I am aware, the lowering springs would not make much of a difference overall and no further modifications are needed. However this also depends on if your wheels are in line with the wheel arch they might touch over humps ect.

The handling may get slightly better though :)

• 1 year later...

Hi - new guy here

I had Eibach Pro Springs fitted to my Mazda 3 MPS and they made a huge improvement to handling. Now that I have a 370Z I am keen to get Eibach springs fitted to that too. I have found reference in this information page on the Eibach web site http://eibach.com/eibach/news/img/Nissa ... _media.pdf

to needing an alignment kit as well as the spring kit. Does anyone know about the need for an alignment kit, have you had these springs fitted and did you get the geometry adjusted?

Thanks

Andy W

Hi - new guy here

I had Eibach Pro Springs fitted to my Mazda 3 MPS and they made a huge improvement to handling. Now that I have a 370Z I am keen to get Eibach springs fitted to that too. I have found reference in this information page on the Eibach web site http://eibach.com/eibach/news/img/Nissa ... _media.pdf

to needing an alignment kit as well as the spring kit. Does anyone know about the need for an alignment kit, have you had these springs fitted and did you get the geometry adjusted?

Thanks

Andy W

Hi Andy and welcome. I'm lowered on swift springs. I found that lowering does not look good with regards to the way the wheel sits in the arch so have opted for 25mm Eibach spacers all round which made a massive improvement looks wise. As soon as everything settles I'm going to get the alignment done although I think I might struggle with getting the camber back to within OEM specs. We shall see!

Cheers,

Scotty

• 4 weeks later...

Ground clearance seems pretty small before lowering - how do you get on after? Problems with speed humps?

I've found that speed humps have to be taken quite a bit slower and/or at a sharper angle otherwise the underboby does scrape slightly but nothing too bad. If you lower you will probably want spacers as well as the standard 19 inch wheels just don't look right in the arches when lowered without spacers - imo.