Rear strut dismantling

MacW

So I was heading to my mates house to wash my car (can never get close enough to my house to use the bloody hose) and by chance happened to jam my buckets sideways under the rear strut to stop them rolling about and suddenly noticed as I was driving that the squeak had gone. YAY! :yahoo:

I'm assuming it's just part of the trim that's squeaking so I'll take it apart over the weekend after I get some trim tools, there's a guide on here somewhere telling you where to be careful and I'll look that out later when I have time.

My question, before I build my excitement at being squeak-free up too much, is are there potentially any parts of the bar proper that may need tightening or rescrewing etc once I get the trim off or should it be a sturdy, solid construction that I will just need to rehang my trim from with liberal dashes of foam tape and blutack included this time?

Ta muchly :thumbs:

Be careful when you dismantle it tho. When i did it, I snapped a load of the clippers and it rattles more than ever now :blush:

Thanks for the heads up, I have the tools on their way and worst case scenario will be a massive tube of superglue and some expanding foam :teeth:

Be careful when you dismantle it tho. When i did it, I snapped a load of the clippers and it rattles more than ever now :blush:

Thanks for the heads up, I have the tools on their way and worst case scenario will be a massive tube of superglue and some expanding foam :teeth:

:lol::lol: sound deadening