Electric Seat Problem

nBradders

Hi all,

I've tried to find the answer on here and from the manuals but can't seem to locate it so apologies if this has been covered a million times!

My 04 GT driver side seat switch feels almost like something is stopping it from going forward. Being a tad on the tall side, my seat is already as far back as it will go so when I pull the switch back, obviously it's not gonna go anywhere but the feel is right if that makes sense!

All of the threads on here suggest seat removal and tinker but with the seat pushed as far back as possible I can't get to the rear screws :angry:

Is there an overide of some sort?

Ps Back of the seat moves forwards/backwards with no problems.

can you hear the motor running when you push the switch?

Hey Zugara, appreciate the reply, when the seat is already fully back it doesn't really make any noise but the interior light does dim which suggests the motor works and something is wedged in front of the switch.

is it as far back as the passenger seat. If yes then you maybe at the full extent.

Hey Mike, I'm definitely at the full extent. It's not that I'm looking to take it further back, I just want to resolve the issue of not being able to bring the seat forward. Anyone below 6ft would prob have difficulty reaching the pedals and I hate having gadgets that don't work!