Exhaust Difference

Blizzard

Hey guys, please help me out here:

You get a true dual and a Y-Pipe system? Right?

What is the difference? You got any pics? Which one yields the best power?

I think the Y-pipe is the one a heard on a 350Z, had a very destinctive sound, almost like the Nismo Exhaust but a bit more raspier (crisp).

the Y-Pipe version is much like the standard OEM setup, this is found in exhausts like the Nismo, that have a rear can with dual tailpipes and also twin cans like the buddy club. These can flow well, but depends on which one you go for and the diameter of the mid section so I am led to beleive. For example the Buddy Club has a 3" mid pipe so flows very well, but is loud.

True Dual is a seperate pipe for each manifold bank, like a HKS or an Invidia or GReddy Evo2 system. These flow very well with usually a 2.5" pipe either side all the way to the tip, but obviously you have slightly more weight, due to more pipework.

All much of a muchness to be honest on the Zed and I beleive it doesnt make a whole heap of difference until you go FI, when you need a more free flowing exhaust.

Other will be along with more experience to add more I am sure.

the Y pipe system is as standard on all 350Zs. it basically is a pipe that joins the two side of the exhaust from the block.

a true dual is 2 pipes that run from the front to the back. ie one pipe for the left hand bank and one for the right.

performance wise i really didnt know but i would say that the Dual pipe is better. HKS do one a i remember. but it aint cheep (like the budgie)