Bc racing coilover fitting questions

trackpig

Hi all

I am going to fit the bc racing coilovers to the car this weekend. Ive been reading the instruction manual which is fairly poor imo. I have a question and I wonder if anyone can advise me?

Front units-

The spring pre load is set at the factory and should not be adjusted (stated in the manual). Only the ride height and damping can be adjusted- fair enough.

Rear units-

The spring platform can be ajusted for height and the length of the damper unit can be lengthened or shortened.

The instructions say i must adjust the damper and the spring platform together if i want to raise or lower the car.

How do I know what damper length to set to suit the height of the spring platform? Getting this wrong will result in bad spring preload or the damper extending too much/ bottoming out!

Any ideas or suggestions welcome :thumbs:

Fitted mine last week and had it aligned today.

I just took it that the rear was factory set also and just counted the number of turns I made to both shock and spring seat.

Hope this helps, I had no knocking issues on the drive home and I know the rear springs had some preload.

Think I need to play with the shock settings as it was a little jumpy on the front end, going to go a bit softer, other than that the ride was very good, seemed to ride average bumps/potholes better than before.

Fitted mine last week and had it aligned today.

I just took it that the rear was factory set also and just counted the number of turns I made to both shock and spring seat.

Hope this helps, I had no knocking issues on the drive home and I know the rear springs had some preload.

Think I need to play with the shock settings as it was a little jumpy on the front end, going to go a bit softer, other than that the ride was very good, seemed to ride average bumps/potholes better than before.

Thanks. I was thinking of taking the same approach.

Not exactly clear though is it?

Cheers.

• 1 month later...

I got the coilovers fitted and setup. I have lowered the car around 20mm front and back to give what I think is a good compromise for day to day use and a bit of track work.

I have used the car on track now and have to say I really do like the coilovers!

I have experiemented with damper settings and have found 15 clicks all round for road use and 25 clicks all round for track use to be the best.

Recommended :thumbs:

viewtopic.php?f=36&t=49329&p=719493#p719493