Wire used apparently for iPod.

biker54

I am considering a 2008 350z GT from a local dealer. Car is immaculate. In the cubby hole where I expected to see a sat nav there is just a space. Dealer says sat nav was optional even on the GT model which I think is true. However in the space there is a wire with a small switch on it and another wire with the last centimetre stripped. Dealer says previous owner had an ipod fitted there and the wire could easily be removed. Is the ipod story feasible??

I am considering a 2008 350z GT from a local dealer. Car is immaculate. In the cubby hole where I expected to see a sat nav there is just a space. Dealer says sat nav was optional even on the GT model which I think is true. However in the space there is a wire with a small switch on it and another wire with the last centimetre stripped. Dealer says previous owner had an ipod fitted there and the wire could easily be removed. Is the ipod story feasible??

pics?

thanks for replies so far. I'm pretty hopeless with electrics. I was wondering how easy it would be to remove the wires. Can't get pics because it is at a dealers.

If your buying off a dealer mate youll want to make sure they take it out not you, make it one of the conditions of you buying the car, dealers usually dont budge much on price but are willing to do things like that...

Also a mistake i made was letting the dealer i bought off buy different brand rear tyres to the front... DO NOT go down this route as it really messes with the handling, stick to same brand tyres on all corners of the car.

so another thing would be to check the tyres have some good tread, any other wear and tear stuff you might try haggle to get replaced such as brake pads etc.

Good luck with your purchase, you wont be dissapointed by the Z.