How are my discs doing?

Demolition49

My rears had a lip on the disc, only 3-4mm ... and the rear pads needed changing.

I am ALWAYS preaching about how you can't skimp of brakes or tires...

So, putting my money where my mouth it, I ordered some DBA 4000's and DS2500 ALL ROUND from ZManAlex yesterday, hoping they will be here today so I can fit them :)

Again... only TWO things you should NOT skimp on... Brakes and Tires. Only thing that stop you.

Just my tupenth.... :thumbs:

Hmm so a tricky one it is then... im not sure if i should replace my discs, they aren't exactly cheap!

I was VERY surprised how bloody expensive they were!

Was sure "performance" discs I used to buy for the DelSol were under £100 a corner. they must have been pants :D

ZMAlex did me a good deal. you better speak to him, see what he can do for you.

Question you have to ask is... how much is it worth to have FULL confidence in your braking? :blink:

£250 a corner is a LOT... but I think it's worth it.

My rears had a lip on the disc, only 3-4mm ... and the rear pads needed changing.

I am ALWAYS preaching about how you can't skimp of brakes or tires...

So, putting my money where my mouth it, I ordered some DBA 4000's and DS2500 ALL ROUND from ZManAlex yesterday, hoping they will be here today so I can fit them :)

Again... only TWO things you should NOT skimp on... Brakes and Tires. Only thing that stop you.

Just my tupenth.... :thumbs:

I completely agree, thats why im getting the lines, fluid and pads done plus i just got two new rears... its just a cost i could do without at the moment... ive already spent well over 2k on the car this month :scare:

I completely agree, thats why im getting the lines, fluid and pads done plus i just got two new rears... its just a cost i could do without at the moment... ive already spent well over 2k on the car this month :scare:

I hear that.

Bought some standard alloys... but now I can't afford to put tires on them or have them refurb'd :(

I hear that.

Bought some standard alloys... but now I can't afford to put tires on them or have them refurb'd :(

I think if i do upgrade it will be the brembo drilled discs... at this rate ill need to sell one of my kidneys.