EBC turbogroove disc question

P19DRO

Hi guys, I have them fitted on the front wheels and I get a pulsing through the pedal under braking as if they are warped. I was thinking its because of the grooves and thought nothing of it but now Im not so sure. Anyone else get this with these discs?

They have been on for about a year if that helps :)

I have the same issue although mine have been on less than a year. EBC will say your discs need skimmed at something like 40 bucks a corner. I am going to get in contact with them again and argue this one out. I am peeved off as while they are not the most expensive rotas they certainly ain't cheap :thumbdown:

Did you check run-out when they were fitted? Its likely to be disc thickness variation (DTV), usually caused by out of spec run-out which causes the pad to stike the disc during a normal revolution of the wheel. This causes the disc to wear down slightly in that area, which then when braking appears as judder as the pad conforms to thick and thin parts of the disc moving the pedal up and down. Unfortunately EBC discs seem to suffer with this more than others, why that happens is for you to decide :shrug:

Usually curable by having the discs skimmed which means the surface is flat and true.