engine trouble

dangerman

I've got a weird one here. For past few months my car has developed a morning ritual. When starting from cold, once the temperature gauge has settled (i.e. warmed up) the car starts jerking around upon acceleration. This only happens once the car has warmed up. It's like the engine is missing but it's really strange because after about 5 to 10 minutes of this, it goes back to normal.

It wasn't much of an issue before but now, if I really want to plant it, there's a blackout before any actual action.

Any ideas?

• 1 month later...

I took it to Nissan to have a look while I got my P3 service. They kept the car for 3 days after diagnosing it with a similar description to Michael's above.

Throttle body was cleaned and a re-learn procedure carried out. Seemed to have worked... for a week. Been on the phone to them again to get the car in again. I'm beginning to lose my patience now. They're nice people, but they seem to have a knack for not calling you back! I'm going to chase again next week and will update.

There is a video on youtube on how to clean a throttle body and relearn for a G35 which I assume is the same engine.