MP3's through a bluetooth adaptor

mini

Does anyone know, if you had a walkman phone (ie; Sony Ericson), as I do, could you play MP3's off the phone through the bluetooth adaptor to come through your sterio?

Basically, so that it does the oposite of when you receive a call?

I was trying to do something similar, the issues I had were;

1. The bluetooth connection was mono only

2. The handsets I was trying this with would not let me map the audio output to the bluetooth interface, your phone may be different to mine so you might be lucky.

=============== edit, forgot to mention ================

and 3. I think the Zed hands free device expects some kinds of "incoming call" handshake from your phone to tell it to mute the stereo and patch the handsfree kit audio to the speakers, in reality this might be as simple as holding one of the pins "high" on the output of the bluetooth adaptor in your Zed but you risk your adaptor, and your stereo messing around like that

=================== end of edit ===================

A mate with a motorbike did manage to buy a device that plugs into the audio jack (where you would normally plug your headphones in) and this then transmitted all the audio as bluetooth; in his case this was between a sat nav and a handsfree bluetooth device in his motorcycle helmet.

You might find better results from one of the "ipod fm transmitters" at least its stereo but the audio is never as good as you hope and yes I agree that it would be really neat not to have to plug any devices/cables in and just have it work via bluetooth.

I'd be interested to know how you get on though, I might buy *another* bl**dy phone if you get it working well.