service book

rog518

Evening all,

When I bought my car off a client of mine last april he produced an empty service book! I have seen the car since he bought it and know it has been serviced but he said to me the leather book holder was always too big to keep in the car and always forgot it when he took it to be serviced and promised me he would get it stamped upto date.

Nearly a year later and he still hasnt done this and not sure what to do as he has just cxl his contract with my boss so I will no longer be able to chase him up every month!

My question is..

Can I obtain a new service book?

Can I get it stamped after the services have been done even tho I am the new owner?

I believe he had nissan do the first few untill the warranty ran out (have checked and the car is on the nissan system) then used an indipendant garage.

Any advice would be great :thumbs:

Cheers Rog

I have a similar problem with mine, 1 missing stamp from a Nissan dealer - however I saw the invoice and phoned the dealer to confirm the service was done. Speaking to a different Nissan dealer I can get the book stamped, but it has to be at the actual dealership who did the service. With regards to the independents it will depend how good they are at record keeping I guess.

Yeah, same here, when we bought Caroline's roadster the service book was missing. The dealer I bought it from provided a new book and stamped it with a P2 that I asked them to do at 7900 miles. They were able to access the cars service record and confirmed that it had been serviced (a P1) at 3500 miles by a Nissan dealer in Colchester...but they wouldn't/couldn't stamp the book, said I'd have to return it to Gyn Hopkin, Colchester :shrug:

Pete

Yeah, same here, when we bought Caroline's roadster the service book was missing. The dealer I bought it from provided a new book and stamped it with a P2 that I asked them to do at 7900 miles. They were able to access the cars service record and confirmed that it had been serviced (a P1) at 3500 miles by a Nissan dealer in Colchester...but they wouldn't/couldn't stamp the book, said I'd have to return it to Gyn Hopkin, Colchester :shrug:

Maybe we could send each other our log books and get each others stamped! Liverpool (where mine needs to get stamped) is closer to you and Colchester is closer to me (still 2+ hours drive though)... I've been tempted to send it recorded delivery with a SAE recorded envelope for the return.

Could he not even tell you where it's been serviced. Then you can chase up the Independent or Nissan dealer? Bit of peace of mind for you, and surely wouldn't be any skin off his nose to tell you, unless he hasn't been 100% honest about it's previous servicing.